Family Medicine Interest Group Funding
In 1995, the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) established the National Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) Network as a way of improving communication between FMIGs around the country. The CAFP Foundation has since been supporting California’s FMIGs with funds, resources and important tools to help:
- Increase awareness and interest in family medicine;
- Educate medical students on the varied opportunities for family physicians and the scope of family medicine;
- Develop medical students’ leadership skills;
- Facilitate interaction of medical students across California campuses; and
- Distribute timely and accurate information about family medicine.
Become an FMIG Leader
For more information on how to run and sustain a successful FMIG, please see the FMIG Student Leader Manual provided by AAFP.